Thursday, September 4, 2008

Woo Hoo Devin's on Varsity!

We got the news last night that Devin will now be on the Varsity Section 3 team for Warwick Midget Football - ages 9, 10, 11. They tried him in a new position at his first game (Defensive End) and he did very well. I'm excited for him except now it means I will miss many of his games due to my agility trial schedule which gets crazy as I ramp up for the 2008 Cynosport World Games in Scottsdale, AZ at the end of October.

I just printed the entry form - I'm now officially excited! Gusto's first trip to Nationals - yee haw! Sadly, I decided not to take Ivy. She was really struggling after the Regional in Perry, GA and I decided to drop her to performance. She's 8 and has done agility for 6.5 years - many of those years I did a ton of training with her in an attempt to become a great team. That never happened but she gave me her best and taught me a lot about how to run a fast dog and how to work with a hearing impaired dog.

2 comments:

LitlBigDog said...

Go Devin!!

Sharon Gilligan said...

Thanks, we are very excited for him. He has already made some quarterback sacks! I call him the great pass rusher now :)