Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lance Returns

It's true, Lance Armstrong is going to come out of retirement and train for the Tour again! I don't know if he will be able to do it or do it to the level that he wants but I am so excited by the news.

Here is what Johan Bruyneel, Lance's former manager/team coach told Velownews:

Many wondered if Armstrong, who turns 37 this month, is too old to return to the highest levels of cycling.

“It’s not a question of age, it’s a question of motivation,” he continued. “I think that challenge of coming back is motivating him now. It’s this impossible challenge that will push him. We have to keep our feet on the ground. There’s still plenty of time to discuss things more calmly. Right now, we’re here to try to win the Vuelta.”

Hey LuAnn - I quoted the section above just for you :)

Lance has always been an inspiration for me and many others, for that matter. Watching the Tour over the last 3 years just wasn't the same for me after he retired so I am thrilled that he is going to try again.

No comments: