Monday, September 8, 2008

The Journey

A friend of mine (thank you, Weeta) just sent me a link to a beautiful video clip on YouTube. The video was done by Susan Garrett, a rather famous person in the world of agility. It's called "The Journey" and it will make you cry if you have any emotions at all toward your dogs.

Go check it out:

YouTube - The Journey

It resonated deep inside my soul...I've learned so many lessons with each one of my dogs. They've brought some pretty interesting people into my life, some for just a short time but others have been around for the long haul. Some of my greatest friends are in my life thanks to my dogs. A few are no longer part of my life but lessons were definitely learned.

I do agility and herding because I love the bond you develop when you teach your dogs a sport of any kind. The bond is deep and is hard to describe to those that have never done a sport with an animal. You can't develop it by throwing balls or taking your dog for a walk, it can only be developed by working together as a team.

Mostly, the lessons that I have learned is to live in the moment and appreciate the joys in life.

No comments: