Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New Camera

I am finally getting a new camera. I did a lot of research about SLRs and point-and-shoot but I struggled with the decision. I currently use a Fujifilm point-and-shoot, 3.2 mega pixels, 6x optical zoom and video clip capture. The picture quality is fantastic and it served it's purpose well over the past 5.5 years. I originally bought it for agility trials - to capture video and pictures without having to drag along my camcorder. It definitely worked well and the zoom capability was the best in it's class.

My only complaint was the shutter lag time - the length of time after I hit the button until it captured the image. I would miss the picture that I wanted due to the lag. This is the biggest complaint about the point-and-shoot models. Now that Devin is doing football and basketball, I want to capture some pretty cool action shots. The local camera shop recommended an SLR - the lag time is almost non-existent, what you see is what you capture - mostly. And it will work indoors in the gym - my camera does not capture the images indoors in the low light conditions well.

I am hoping to get the new camera in the next week - Olympus E-520. Look for some new pictures soon!

2 comments:

Rosanne said...

Mine's an Olympus E-410:-)

Sharon Gilligan said...

Cool - didn't know you had one, do you like it? any complaints?