Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Not Another One!

Birthday, that is (in 6 days). I'm feeling particular old this year. I think it has to do with the recovery from my IT Band and knee injuries. Things hurt more, longer, recovery is definitely slower. I have to pick and choose my activities and spread them out in an effort to limit the impact to my body. I'm not 60 yet but I have been hard on my body with all of the athletic endeavors that I have done. Most days though, I still feel 25. I have to wonder how Lance will do at his comeback - his birthday is in 2 days. He turns 37.

David Achuletta has a new single out called Crush. He won American Idol for those who have no idea who he is. He is an adorable KID who has a very bright future. Anyway, I went to ITunes looking for new music and wanted to verify that the song Greg and I heard on the radio was David - we recognized his voice. I watched the short video clip from this new song and it has such a summer time high school theme. It took me back to summer of 1983 - a very good summer for me.

TWENTY-FIVE YEARS AGO! I cannot believe how the time flies!!!!!

I won't be downloading David's music - it's cute but no longer suits my adult taste.

3 comments:

Rosanne said...

I won't even comment on my age in the summer of '83.


Oh, sorry, I just did:-)


For what it's worth, you're the youngest middle-age person I know. Except maybe Shipley. She's crazy though, so I'm not sure it counts.

Kathleen Stoltzfus said...

Ah, but David Archuletta didn't win. David Cook did!

Sharon Gilligan said...

Oh that's right. Well I remembered it was a David :) See, my memory is failing me already.