Wednesday, September 3, 2008

How Robbie got his Name

In case I forget this little tidbit, I wanted to write it down. I came up with several names that I was considering for this boy - here is the list: Owen, Beck, Trim, Bryn, Brice, Garry, Speck, Vic, Benny and Robbie. Due to his working pedigree, I really wanted a name that carried on his working ancestry so I researched dogs in his pedigree to see if there were any names that stood out or that I liked. The name Robbie appears on his pedigree about 5 generations ago. Robbie, ISDS 38315 was sired by a famous dog named Brocken Robbie who produced several Welsh Champions. Robbie ISDS 38315 produced another Robbie, ISDS 103968 as well as the famous dog named Butcher's Mac.

Devin didn't know any of the reasons I selected this name but it was his favorite, so I went with it. The funny thing is my Grandfather's name was also Robert but everyone called him Robbie. Another funny thing about this name - it connects my Robbie to Ivy and Abbey. Robbie, ISDS 38315 produced a dog named Meg, ISDS 138048. Meg is Tally of Mobella's Mother - Tally is on the girls pedigree 4 generations ago.

Truly a small world in Border Collies.

No comments: