Monday, February 16, 2009

Whew - What a Weekend

Back to the agility grind we go! I haven't shown since early December and I felt a little out of it - not quite on my game on Sunday in the morning. But by the time Grand Prix rolled around, I was focused and Gusto had a brilliant run. He didn't qualify because he dropped one bar but darn, it was a wonderful, fast run. Showed me what we will be able to do in 2009!

He had a smokin Standard run, qualified and took first place by nearly 2 seconds. He was on fire and we were in synch. I felt great.

Today, we ran Snooker and Jumpers. Gusto needed a Super Q in Snooker for his ADCH title. The Super Q is too hard to explain - just know this, it's HARD - for me anyway cuz I really do not enjoy Snooker. Well, he got it - he got his Super Q and his ADCH title! I wasn't expecting it, I stepped to the line focused on the run, the handling, what he and I needed to do to get around. He did ticked some bars but lucky for us, they stayed up!

We also had a smokin jumpers run but dropped one bar. It was a similary situation to the bar he dropped in Grand Prix and notoriously an issue for us. I will be working on this issue this week to make sure he understands and can handle it because I would like to be able to run him without worrying about whether can deal with that scenerio or not.

I just couldn't be happier with myself - I did what I needed to do so that Gusto could shine and do his job and have fun. It was quite a weekend for me.

2 comments:

Sheltie Owner said...

Sharon:
Congratulations! I'm thrilled that you and Gusto achieved this milestone.

Well done.

Bonnie Frank

Sharon Gilligan said...

Hey thanks!!!