Thursday, February 12, 2009

Spring Tease

What a gorgeous day here in my part of the Northeast. Sunny and 60+! I just had to go out for a jog. My legs took forever to warm up and I had to do a lot of stretching - still tight in the left hamstring. But I worked through it and did a short sprint at the end. I seriously need to add sprint work, it seems my legs have forgotten how.

Then I took my 2 friends to agility class in a sandy barn that is a work out in and of itself due to the deep sand in some parts. We had a ton of fun though and I was all wild and happy because of the weather. Gusto was great, we ran the last sequence clean until the last jump. He flattened out cuz he saw his toy. His weaves have improved significantly - I'm finally seeing him use his butt instead of his face to get in to the poles. Hard work is paying off and I need to do some more before the show this weekend.

To top off a great day, UNC played arch rivals Duke last night at the Cameron Indoor Stadium. This is one of the toughest venues to play in if you are from out of town - even if out of town is 8 miles down the road. The Duke fans are the loudest and the student section is right on top of the court - very up close and personal. Duke played really well in the first half - kept Tyler Hansbrough pretty quiet on the inside. UNC pulled away in the last 10 minutes or so of the game and showed why they SHOULD make it to the final 4. UNC Point Guard, Ty Lawson, was brilliant last night and showed how talented he truly is. March Madness is soon approaching. I really wish I had the money to travel down to Georgia to see UNC play - it is Tyler's last year and I really had wanted to watch him play college ball.

2 comments:

Marcy said...

I know it! I'm loving the weather! It's supposed to dip back down though *sigh* Such a tease.

Sharon Gilligan said...

I know - I feel like I live in Kansas right now with the wind!