Monday, February 2, 2009

This n That

I haven't posted recently because this Winter weather has me in a mood. I just want to hibernate. I've been working out regularly and was pleasantly surprised when some pants started to fit me better. I'm feeling fit but I still have a long way to go. Found peddling the indoor bike very difficult this weekend - legs felt like lead. So instead of doing the treadmill or bike today, I took my dogs to my indoor training facility (ha! that is a positive spin on the little space but better than nothing).

The boys were really good today EXCEPT when working on the poles. I am really beginning to dislike training that obstacle. Gusto still uses his face to brace himself instead of slowing down. I am using a technique that was suggested by a friend who also had a similar issue with her Mayhem offspring and also used it to fix another crazy Mayhem offspring! It just might work. All of his other entries are significantly better. The only one still needing work is the fast, straight-on approaches where Gusto is at full stride AND I am running. Seems to jack him up beyond all mental control. UGH - love this crazy boy though.

Robbie is coming along nicely, can even turn and power out of the turn. Not fully trained yet but the beginning understanding is definitely there. His frame is looking real nice. I did take some speed off to get him to come down into the contact zone better. I'm ok with that right now. He will speed up; I wanted a judgeable contact performance. He has the stride of a giraffe so not worried about a tenth of a second. I need to do some work where I get ahead of him and he stays in the correct location - right now, he continues to drift on the flat in between the jumps. I also need to make sure I bring him in to me when I do some baby handling sequences. Lots of work to do but plenty of time he turns 15 months this week. He can now keep up with Gusto when they run around the building. Gusto has amazing ground speed so that made me very happy to see today.

I am hoping Punxsatawny Phil was wrong today. He saw his shadow and predicts 6 more weeks of Winter. UGH! Why didn't I plan a trip to Florida this year like I have in previous years!!!! This really has been a tough Winter.

At this point, I haven't been outside to run or walk or do anything other than run from my vehicle to an indoor shelter. I guess I could count that as sprint work :)

No comments: