Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What a Beautiful Day!

Went for a run and remembered to take my IPod and Nike Plus equipment so I could track my results. I love that little piece of gear. It talks to me and I definitely push a bit more when I wear it.

I twisted my ankle on Saturday at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia and could barely run my dog at this trial on Sunday. I iced it, elevated it, wrapped it and by Monday morning, it felt great so I thought I would try it out today. I wrapped it and went. Felt great. My left hamstring, however, was very tight so I will be doing lots of stretching today.

Tonight is our first outdoor LAX practice. This should be interesting. I have no idea what I am doing and am sure I am of no help at this point but Devin loves that I am out there with him. I guess that is important for now.

Robbie, my young Border Collie, has his xray appt on Thursday. We are checking for OCD or any other issues in his shoulders and elbows. He seems off in the front end after exercising so I need to check this out further. He has already been seen by a PT and a Chiro Vet. After his adjustment on Wednesday, he is showing improvement but I also have not done any agility training with him and will not until after the xray results are done. I hate waiting but I need to rule out any issues with his joints.

The weather is beautiful today - the perfect Spring weather to get outside and shake off the Winter blahs!

2 comments:

Kathleen Stoltzfus said...

OCD - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder? Of course he has it - he's a border collie! Hah!

Sharon Gilligan said...

Very funny - Osteochondritis. Requires surgery to repair - usually. Sometimes the bone chips get absorbed. He did the Bambi splay on ice in January so he may have done something to one of his joints in the front end.