Saturday, March 21, 2009

I'm Amazed

Wow - the boys on our Lacrosse team are seriously out of shape. We had them run 2 laps around a partial lacrosse field. I ran with them and they struggled. I'm way older than they are and had no issues doing the laps and several boys were suffering. It really shocked me to see young kids not able to do a gentle, short jog.

On a good note, practice was a blast. I worked with one of the other coaches and we did some offense drills and I was able to help. The boys did really well and our future goalie is impressive. Very fast reaction times.

In talking with one of Devin's football coaches today, this boy plays ice hockey. No wonder he has good reaction times. He's fantastic. Devin did really well with all of his drills - his skills are really coming along. We have a unscheduled practice set for tomorrow for anyone that wants to join. I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Ahhh they're young, before you know it they'll be in tip top shape ;-)