Saturday, March 28, 2009

LAX First Game

We had our first Lacrosse game. What fun! the boys did quite well but we were out scored today.

Devin did well in all positions played and was our only goal scorer - he was thrilled. Yay for my boy! He flattened several kids to get ground balls, made several other really good plays. I think he is going to do well because he is not afraid of contact or being physical.

My voice is a bit hoarse from yelling to help coach the boys. It was a great getaway from the dog stuff.

On to some other topics - Robbie has to have shoulder surgery on April 13. They want to scope his joint to find out what is causing the instability. It will be expensive and the recovery time will be a nightmare but we need to be aggressive in treatment to try to give him the best chance to resume his active life and career. I'm so not looking forward to his therapy, trips to Maryland, the cost involved, and the restrictions on his active life. UGH!

Got on my bike today - had a great spin indoors. Listened to some heavy music; kept me motivated and my average speed was much higher today. I couldn't stay on long since we had to leave for the LAX game. I am starting to feel stronger and am getting used to the new riding position that my pedal extensions cause. I'm still not where I want to be and I may never ride outside but really - never say never. Just maybe not too soon.

No comments: