Wednesday, March 4, 2009

First LAX Practice

We had our first practice for the Developmental team last evening. What fun! Luckily, several guys showed up that actually have a clue about how the game is played and they did a great job showing the boys (myself included) the proper techniques. I was really fun to see how the boys improved with each attempt. Let me tell you this - keeping the ball in the stick is NOT easy.

Devin was so glad that I was there helping - he commented several times. That just made my day! He did really well with throwing, catching, scooping but needs work on cradling. His throws tend to be super fast but not a lot of control so he will need to work on that too. I think he really enjoyed it.

I confess that being the token Mom helping out made me feel a bit like a fish out of water but one of guys helping specifically came over and talked to me which put me a bit more at ease. One of the Mothers came and asked me questions too so I will help in some small way even though I never played and have ZERO clue how to coach this particular sport.

We will have fun learning together and I look forward to the season.

No comments: