Thursday, March 19, 2009

Not Sure What to Call This One

I hopped on the indoor bike and did a 30 minute work out - it is raining out today and I didn't feel like doing the Treadhell. My legs felt good but I had some kneecap slippage in my left knee. I'm wondering if my position needs to be changed now that I am starting to make progress. Something to pay attention to for sure. My speeds are improving - not by leaps and bounds but nice and steady. Woo Hoo! Running speeds and distances are improving too.

I had a discussion with a friend of mine about my 4 yr old Border Collie, Gusto. She thinks I should do some AKC trials and get him qualified for World Team try outs next year. This is not the first time I have heard this; it is now the third or fourth time I have heard this. Here is the catch - I dislike going, entering, doing AKC shows. Unfortunately, international competition for USDAA (my preferred venue) is every other year and Gusto probably will not be ready this year. Or I should say, I won't be ready. Gusto actually is doing quite well given who he has for a handler. I do have to say that I am getting a bit bored with agility. I just don't have any serious goals for this year since getting Gusto's ADCH. I plan to qualify him for Nationals and I want to do well at Regionals and I do have IFCS in the back of my mind but I am just not motivated. It may have to do with Robbie's upcoming xrays which will happen in the next 2 hours.

I'm watching college basketball, I cleaned, I cycled and I am trying to occupy my mind until it is time to take Robbie to his appt. I'm hoping for answers or at least to rule out stuff. Waiting sucks!

No comments: